- In general, the imposition of a red zone classification indicates the location is quarantined, interdicted by higher authority, or at war.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Interstellar Travelling (Travelling in Charted Space)
Quarantine indicates that a dangerous disease is present, and the danger of war is self-explanatory, but interdiction requires further discussion.
- Please see the dossier of this data file for further explanation of what Interdiction entails.
History & Background (Dossier)
Interstellar governments often find it necessary to restrict access to worlds or systems for political or military reasons, and do so by raising interdiction over a World-System. Enforcement of interdiction varies with the reason for the restriction.
The Travellers' Aid Society recently updated its policies for giving a world an Red Zone/Caution rating to include a variety of factors based on recorded world characteristics in the IISS Second Survey data, not just manual review by TAS reporters. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Travel ratings are another Imperium-wide benefit of membership in the Travellers' Aid Society — Faithfully Serving Travellers Since The Year Zero.
Interdiction may be imposed on a world for any or all of the following reasons:
- If it is a military base or is the location of other types of sensitive installations
- For the private reservations belonging to powerful families desiring seclusion
- For developing societies which the government has elected to allow to evolve in isolation
- For valuable resource areas being saved for later development or exploitation
- For other unspecified reasons
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Red Zone worlds are located throughout Imperial Space.
- Many other major powers and interstellar empires have developed similar systems of astrographic zoning.
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11 Library Data (N-Z)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science