The Recovery Trade is a term applied to those who make a living by operating Commercial Tenders, vessels that offer recovery, repair, and maintenance facilities in remote locations within the Distant Fringe.
- It is a business sector and a spacebourne service.
Tenders use hulls similar in design to commercial mercantile ships, but their interiors are given over to dedicated hangar space, workshops, and stores, and large DeVoss Jump-2 drives and their associated fuel tankage. Commercial tenders frequently work closely with Gas Traders.
Selected Recovery Ships
Vessels commonly employed in the recovery trade include:
- Commercial Tender: TL-11, 3,500 dTons
- Civilian Ship Transporter, TL-11, 30,000 dTons
- Frame Carrier: TL-11, 90,000 dTons
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science