|Army size (BEs)||30|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||170|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||60,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||1,500|
Rech is an agricultural world with a tainted atmosphere but still a near-ideal environment for producing foodstuffs. The system supports a population of tens of millions. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lanth Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Rech, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdoms of a baron and a marquis. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
|Army size (BEs)||20|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,950|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||56,400|
|Port passengers (annual)||5,200|
Era: New Era
Rech is an agricultural world with a tainted atmosphere but still a near-ideal environment for producing foodstuffs. The system supports a population of tens of millions. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Lanth Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- It us located on the Spinward Main.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Rech is a world with vast flatlands, known for its smoked meats and fine leathers. The turbulent atmosphere spawns tornadoes on a regular basis, and the high oxygen content is poisonous to humans and poses a severe fire hazard.
Rech Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Rech Primary Primary Red M0 V
2112 Rech (Imperial)
Starport: Class II.
Diameter: 8,690 miles (13,900 km).
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen, with dangerously high oxygen partial pressure.
Population: 51 million.
Government: Charismatic dictatorship.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 6.
World Trade Number: 3.5.
Proposed X-Boat Station
Prior to the Fifth Frontier War, the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service expressed interest in establishing an X-Boat link from Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716) to Rech to Dinomn (Spinward Marches 1912) and therefore on to Regina (Spinward Marches 1705). Rech lies two jump-4 jumps away from Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716) on a likely path toward Regina (Spinward Marches 1910), making it a candidate for the new X-Boat stop. Rech falls along the jump-2 path from Tureded (Spinward Marches 2414) to Dinomn (Spinward Marches 1912), and Rech's neighbor at Wypoc (Spinward Marches 2011) is Amber-rated so possibly not a preferred stop.
According to the Second Survey, Rech has an important index (Ix) of -1, an extended economic rating of 966-1 (9 Resources, 6 Labor, 6 Infrastructure, -1 Efficiency), an extended cultural index of 9678 (9 Homogeneity, 6 Acceptance, 7 Strangeness, 8 Symbols), a Nobility index of BCD (Knight, Baron, Marquis), 15 worlds (6?) in the system, and -378 Resource Units (RU).
Sterlock System Data
- Jonathan Sterlock has detailed Rech's main planet and a prison ice world for MegaTraveller. This includes astrography, a world map, and information on Rech's history, culture, government, military, technology, terraforming, economy, and trade and commerce. It also gives rules for generating MegaTraveller characters with Rech backgrounds, ground and air vehicle write-ups, and a short adventure.
- Across the Spinward Main is a home campaign that visits Rech and includes a continent map and some play logs that mention the Marquis Rech.
History & Background (Dossier)
Rech has a decent highport, and a serviceable downport, but due to the harsh atmospheric conditions, ships must have special permits (and a special streamlining configuration) to land on the planet. Most of Rech Startown consists of subterranean starship berths accessible by elevator. (Starport plans are available in GURPS Traveller: Starports.)
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Classic Traveller Twilight's Peak
- Software: Megatraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 42.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 87.
- GURPS Traveller: Starports
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches (UWP only)
- GURPS Traveller: Starports
- External Link: The Rech System by Jonathan Sterlock (MegaTraveller)
- External Link: Across the Spinward Main