Radson class Fighter-Bomber
|Radson class Fighter-Bomber|
Unpublished, non-canon vehicle design.
The Radson class Fighter-Bomber is a combatant Aircraft.
Radson Fighter Bomber Native Jet (TECH LEVEL 6) used by Kingdom of Peladon: The vehicle has a crew of 2, a pilot, gunner/RIO in armored complex cockpits with ejection seats, with powered controls in a transonic STOL airframe. It can carry 3 tons of bombs on a pair of bomb racks and mounts a gas operated, hyper velocity, 4 barreled auto-cannon in the nose.
- Vehicle volume: loaded combat ready 420m3, with wings removed for transport loaded 140m3.
- Total mass: empty: 20 tons loaded: 23 tons.
- Production Cost: Cr. 3,972,454.9
- Empty Maximum 1,080kph/900cm, Cruise 810kph/675cm, Minimum 270kph/225cm.
- Loaded Maximum 900kph/750cm, Cruise 675kph/562.5cm, Minimum 225kph/187.5cm.
- Movement effect on fire: move < 1/2 -4 EFP, > 1/2 -4 FFP, no fire EFP
- Damage Points: 200 empty, 230 loaded.
- Agility: empty 14/loaded 12
- Turns: empty 53 o/loaded 45o
- Equipment: +2 DM radio direction finder, 5 power target acquisition RADAR, and a 5,000 power radio.
- Power: The transonic STOL airframe mounts 0.6MW basic high performance turbojet engines producing 18 tons of thrust and consuming 2,700 liters of fuel per hour, internal fuel capacity 6,479.75liters, enough for 2.399 hours. Thrust to weight produce 0.9G's empty and 0.78G’s loaded. Range: loaded 1,619km on internal fuel.
- Weapons: There is a remote turret with four HMGs. The turret can engage or designate 16 target/phase. There is storage for 3,200 rounds, enough for 20 fire phases for each gun.
- Effective Long Extreme
- 50(6) +3 100(5) +2 150(3) +1
- The gas operated, 4 barreled, hyper velocity auto cannon has a 320 ROF, in a stabilized forward fuselage mount with storage for 6,400 rounds which is enough for 20 fire phases. It has TL 6 direct fire control and can engage 16 targets/phase.
- Effective Long Extreme
- 1,000m (20) +6 2,000m (18) +5 3,500m (16) +2
- Rounds mass 0.4kg, and a full load of KEAP is included in the price.
- It can carry (12) 250kg bombs 30cm warhead 32/5/5 Cr. 750 each, a full load is included in the price.
- Vehicle: 12
- Electronics: 11
- Weapons: 2
Basic Vehicle Characteristics
Following the Imperial Army and IISS Universal Vehicle Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the vehicle when applicable. Tonnage on the universal vehicle profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary.
|1.||Tonnage|| Total mass loaded: TBD metric tons.
|9.||Fuel||Fuel capacity TBD liters, enough for TBD hours (...almost TBD standard days).|
|10.||Cost||Production Cost: Cr. TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD weeks.|
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science