RSS Rv2005 Received Signal Source Revenant Sector 2005.
An anomalous signal originating from a system centered on an orange main sequence star. The signal is infrequent, unmodulated, and in the 2-3 GHz range.
RSS Rv2005 was detected by the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program. It became public knowledge following publication of the "Where The Stars End" Astrographic Survey in 5550AD. The signal may be being transmitted by a currently unknown advanced sophont NIL or it may simply be a natural phenomenon. Due to the position of Revenant Sector relative to Terra and the Distant Fringe, it is possible that the signal is of Vilani origin.
If the signal does originate from a sophont source, a number of different explanations regarding its meaning have been proposed:
- It is an indicator of Vilani activity. Given Revenant Sector's position relative to Terra and the Distant Fringe this should be considered possible.
- A Voyager Beacon, emplaced by the Slavers.
- A gravestone or memorial. The final marker of a dead civilization.
- The originators of the signal are very different to other sophonts, perhaps dangerously so.
- Oblivious. The originators of the signal are unaware of the existence of other sophonts or simply don't care.
- Internal Communications. The signal is not intended for outsiders.
- Assist Us. A cry for help, though it is probably already too late.
- Stay Away.
- We're Coming.
- Curious. The originators of the signal want to communicate.
- A warning to others about a significant threat or danger.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science