- It is a type of lifeform.
- It is a classification of creature type.
- They are also known as Arachnidoids.
A quasi-arachnoid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- Segmented bodies consisting of two or more parts: typically a fused head and thorax (...a cephalothorax) and an abdomen.
- A relatively rigid skin covering the outside of the body.
- Four or more pairs of jointed appendages referred to as legs. These are typically used for walking or jumping.
- Large mandibles.
- Many possess the ability to spin webs or create other trapper mechanisms.
- Many of these creatures possess dexterity and reflexes among the fastest known in Charted Space.
Specific Species Examples
- Fulacinian Trapper
- Graytch AKA Spidertaur
- Lamura Gav AKA Lamura
- Noxian Spider, native to Nox in Dagudashaag Sector.
- Surogotan AKA Xu’rokotani
- Tree Lions, native to Jesedipere in the Spinward Marches.
Most biologists agree that a creature should exhibit at least three of the characteristics associated with quasi-arachnoids to qualify as an quasi-arachnoid, though others set the limit at two. The term is necessarily generic.
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
No information yet available.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science