Punisher class Light Battle Rider
|Punisher class Light Battle Rider|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: BR Battle Rider|
|Also see||Battle Rider|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr1,381.25 and MCr. 1,105 in quantity|
|Origin||[[Ras Tennol Forces]]|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Punisher class Light Battle Rider is a combatant warship.
- It is a military ship and a Light Battle Rider.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The Ras Tennol Oni class Fleet Tender can carry five of these TL–12 warships. The Punisher class Light Battle Rider was designed to provide cover for the five, much larger Omega Supreme class Battle Riders. These craft carry very thick armor, screens, and a strong missile bay. They are fast and agile with a powerful ship computer.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1,000, streamlined needle wedge configuration.|
|2.||Crew||x24, Pilot, Navigator, 10 Engineers, 1 Medic, 10 Gunners with 12.5 double occupancy staterooms.|
|3.||Performance||6-Gs acceleration, Power-6, 60-EP|
|4.||Electronics||Model 6 fib|
|6.||Armament||One hundred ton heavy missile bay.|
|7.||Defenses||Factor-12 hull armor|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops|
|10.||Cost||MCr1,381.25 and MCr1,105.00 in quantity|
|11.||Construction Time||120 weeks standard. 96 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Comments||There are currently ten Punisher class Light Battle Riders produced.|
During their time with the Ras Tennol Forces, they have enjoyed some success in battle. Originally the design was intended to carry an additional computer, back up screens, and an auxiliary bridge to help absorb critical hits from battle damage. Once the final hull was fabricated, the freakish thickness of the armor precluded these design features. The larger power plant had to be scaled back as well, which limited the agility. These streamlined attack boats can be used to scoop fuel for the large fleet tender. These were envisioned to be able to stand toe to toe with the likes of a Ch'kaahi class Battle Rider, if need be, and to survive the encounter.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type TBD class Light Battle Rider
- Punisher class Light Battle Rider
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science