Psionic Shield Helmet
|Psionic Shield Helmet|
The helmet gives little physical protection, but it gives the wearer significant defense against psionic assault. Shielded individuals cannot be detected by characters possessing life detection, nor can they receive telempathic or telepathic suggestions, nor can they be probed or have their thoughts read. The electronics of a psionic shield helmet are relatively simple, but one can break down or be sabotaged; a small meter on the unit allows testing of the helmet’s effectiveness.
Military ships, vacc suits, and armor generally have psionic shield circuitry built into them.
- Loren Wiseman. "Psishield Helmets Set New Fashion Trend." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 9 (1981): 30-31.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 63.
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. The Travellers' Digest 19 (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 48.
- Citation Missing - Traveller The New Era
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 15,16.