Psionic Shield Helmet
|Psionic Shield Helmet|
All models completely encase the wearer's head. A battery powered generator located over the back of the neck creates a weak electrical field at human brain-wave frequencies which psionically endowed individuals perceive as static.
The helmet gives little physical protection, but it gives the wearer significant defense against psionic assault. Shielded individuals cannot be detected by characters possessing life detection, nor can they receive telempathic or telepathic suggestions, nor can they be probed or have their thoughts read. The electronics of a psionic shield helmet are relatively simple, but one can break down or be sabotaged; a small meter on the unit allows testing of the helmet’s effectiveness.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Loren Wiseman. "Psishield Helmets Set New Fashion Trend." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 09 (1981): 30-31.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 63.
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. The Travellers' Digest 19 (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 48.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 344.
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 15,16.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science