|Also see||Psionicist Detector|
The Psion emitter is a small electronic device which emits a random electromagnetic signal that mimics the neural bioelectrical signals produced by sophonts. A typical commercial psion emitter has a range of approximately 8 meters, though more powerful versions are available. It is powered by a small, replaceable battery that lasts for about an hour of constant use.
- The device produces emissions that behave enough like the theoretical psion to trick detectors.
- It is known that individuals with psionic powers can detect psion emitters, but are rarely fooled by it.
The main function of a Psion Emitter is to trigger (or jam) a Psionicist Detector.
- Slightly larger versions are used to jam Neural Activity Sensors.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 11.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science