|Proytheyath/Laraa (Dagudashaag 3238)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K1 V M5 V|
Proytheyath is a pre-agricultural, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to slowly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Laraa Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- During the Long Night this world was named Guuka Nuuri.
- 70% of the world population is Droyne
- About 30% of the population is composed of baseline humans and other non-human sophonts.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Proytheyath Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Proytheyath Primary Primary Orange K1 V Proytheyath Companion Secondary Red M5 V
History & Background (Dossier)
The starport has recently been upgraded following the discovery of large offshore petrochemical reserves. This has been greeted with glee by the majority of the human population who see a chance of prosperity in this otherwise economically deprived world. This opportunity has not gone down well with the Droyne, who make up a third of the planets population. The offshore rigs are to be placed along the coastline of the Droyne settled areas and the major refinery is to be sited on Droyne land. Dry land is at a premium on Proytheyath and the Droyne believe they are going to be gradually discriminated against to be moved to smaller, less favorable sites.
This would then leave the companies free to take over the land for industrial development. This has led a number of quite heated arguments between the Dryone and Humans, the latter accusing the former of sanctioning a number of recent acts of sabotage at some of the new construction sites.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baronet.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.