|Poyzen/So Skire (Old Expanses 1736)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|New Era (1200)|| |
Poyzen is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the So Skire Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Poyzen Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Poyzen Primary Red M3 V
Poyzen occupies Orbit 3 around an unanmed G3 V primary. It is almost centered in its life zone, giving the world moderate temperatures in its equatorial and temperate regions. Poyzen has an airless, rocky moon 2000 kilometers in diameter, orbiting 145,000 kilometers out.
- Now that the atmosphere has cleaned itself up, Poyzen is a garden world in every respect. It has a base temperature of 8°C and a temperature range from +40°C to -69°C. Because of the relatively severe axial tilt of 35° Poyzen's polar caps melt during their summers and freeze solid during their winters. Poyzen has a 369 day year and days that are 30 hours long. Surface gravity is average at 0.9G. The atmosphere is surprisingly dense at 2.4 standard atmospheres in pressure with an oxygen concentration of 20 percent. The extreme heating and cooling at the poles leads to frequently violent weather. The dense atmosphere makes high winds extremely dangerous.
- Oceans cover 69% of the planet. There are ten small continents fairly evenly distributed around the globe. Four major island and nine archipelagoes complete the land masses. Much of the land on and near the equator is covered with jungle. Two major volcanic mountain ranges are found on two of the equatorial continents while a large desert occupies the wind shadow on the largest. The balance of land is relatively open fertile grassland and forest. Note that the two northern continents, the northern-most portion of the western-most continent, and the southern polar continent experience frequent glaciations and severe erosion. None of the continents have been named.
History & Background (Dossier)
Poyzen has a scout base and a class-c Starport frequently used as a refueling stop by free traders and other small starships travelling the So Skrie Main beginning about 570. The world was never settled on a permanent basis. The starport and scout base was staffed by a 200-person crew on tours of duty from the nearby Scout base on Cobham (Old Expanses 1835).
- Poyzen heavily tainted atmosphere (believed to be the source of the planet's name) made it a low priority for development compared with other more habitable worlds nearby. In the 1100s the volcanic out-gassing that was the source of the taint slowed, then ceased. The sulfuric compound taint has since settled out, and in a rare instance in recorded planetological history, a world's atmosphere has become clean.
- In 1202 the Baldur Colonial Office implemented a plan to colonize new garden worlds, to provide an additional source of raw materials for Baldur (Old Expanses 1032).
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 7: Hiver (named but no further data)
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA High Passage Magazine
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 12
- TNE Path of Tears
- TNE World Tamer's Handbook
- Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook
- External Link: BARD PAPER: GAIL5001
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science