|Planck/Nemo (Magyar 0216)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Planck is an icy, low-population vacuum world, with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Nemo Subsector of Magyar Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
- This world was once known as Jofil.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Planck is so small that it keeps all its water in an icy underground aquifer; all surface fluids and volatiles are long gone.
- A sturdy, granite world, Plank is the largest of a swarm of pieces that failed to coalesce because of the pull of gas giants on both sides.
Planck Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Planck Primary Yellow-White F0 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- It has also become the home of a unique genetic twist: about 85% of the inhabitants possess an eidetic memory.
- Written information is virtually unused here except to communicate with others off-planet.
- All data are passed orally and remembered perfectly there after.
- Of course, it is faster to enter numeric data by keying than by speaking, so computers have kept internal literacy up.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (star map)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- Marc Miller. "Wars of the Imperium." Imperial Encyclopedia (1987): TBD.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 14
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Author & Contributor: Dakin Burdick
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science