From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- It is a classification of creature type.
- Please also see Zoophytoid.
- It is a type of lifeform, a typoid.
Library Data Referral Tree
- B: Biology / Biotechnology (Bio-)
- Artificial Womb
- Bio-Identenoid (Typoid)
- Genetic Engineering AKA Geneering
- Personality Recording
- Relict Regeneration
- Replacement Body Part
A phytoid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- Plant characteristics
- Fungus characteristics
- Photosynthesis & primary producer
- Motile or static plants
- Has leaves or other vegetation
Specific Species Examples
- Hresh, native to Shashwas, a secondary world in the Dingir system.
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science