Personal Reentry Kit
|Personal Reentry Kit|
A Personal Reentry Kit is a very specialized tool kit.
- Tool Apparatuses
- Tool Kits
- Amaze The Native Kit
- Carpentry Tool Set
- Construction Tool Set
- Desert Survival Kit
- Disguise Kit
- Electrical Tool Kit
- Electronics Tool Kit
- Firearm Cleaning Kit
- Gunsmithing Tool Kit
- Hostile Environment Survival Kit
- Lockpick Set
- Mechanical Tool Set
- Medical Kit
- Metalworking Tool Set
- Mountaineer's Kit
- Personal Reentry Kit
- Security Tool Kit
- Survival Kit
- Vehicle Repair Kit
The Personal Reentry Kit (PRK) was originally developed as a means of emergency atmospheric reentry from a crippled space vessel, and then quickly adopted by the military, which provided a glamorous raison d’etre for jump troops.
Typical Kit Contents
Each kit consists of an inflatable hemispheric mold, a pressurized canister of ablative foam, and a chemical thruster for attitude and limited vector adjustment. The kit does include a soft landing system (usually a parachute).
The PRK has no provision for defensive decoys and depends on its operator for maneuvering instructions (instead of the on-board computer used in military drop capsules.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Loren Wiseman. "The Atmospheric Re-entry Kit." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 11 (1982): 16-21.
- Rob Caswell. "Personal reentry kit." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 72.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 336.
- Dave Nilsen. Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 12-13.
- Frank Chadwick. The Guilded Lilly (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 32-33.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 35-37.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science