Penedur class Destroyer
|Penedur class Destroyer|
|Type: DD Destroyer|
Qty: MCr 3,141.476
|Crew||77 with 24 marines|
|Origin||Unity of Sed|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|12 in service|
Designed and built at Jaradin for the Unity of Sed. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. The TL–12 partially streamlined close structure hulls are lightly armored. They carry enough fuel, internally for a single jump 2, with a jump 1 reserve for strategic withdrawal. They can carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional jump 2 as needed. There are in service with the Unity of Sed Navy. They are equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness gas giant refueling. The weapons include five dual fusion gun turrets for point defense, ten triple beam laser turrets, and a missile bay for offense. The defenses include the good hull armor and five triple sand caster turrets. They have a pair of model 6 fib computers mounted adjacent to the bridge and are capable of 6 G acceleration and have a 3 agility rating. They have a small marine platoon equipped with drop capsules for orbital insertions and a Unity of Sed 3T Grav Tank with three crew. These ships are used in a wide variety of roles and are widely respected for their capabilities. They are very fast and the particle accelerator bay is great for terrorizing asteroid dwellers, for example.
- Tonnage: 4,000 tons (standard), 56,000 cubic meters.
- Crew: 11 command, 16 engineering, 17 gunnery, 1 flight, 8 services, 24 marines
- Performance: Jump 2, 6G acceleration. Power plant-6. 240 EP. Agility 3.
- Electronics: (2) Model 6 fib computers.
- Hardpoints/Armament: Particle accelerator bay, 100 ton missile bay, five dual fusion gun turrets, ten triple beam laser turrets.
- Defenses: Factor 5 Armor, five triple sand caster turrets
- Craft: 1 x 3T Grav Tank
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 3,926.845 standard. MCr 3,141.476 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 138 weeks standard. 111 weeks in quantity.
|This article has Metadata|