A Pascal is a unit of measure for force.
- The standard abbreviation is Pa.
- The kilopascal (kPa) is an exponential value of the pascal.
Term Usage Example
One Standard Atmosphere is defined as being precisely equal to 101.325 kPa
The pascal was first defined as a unit of force on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation: it is named for Blaise Pascal, a Terran mathematician born around -2900. Technologists found the pascal useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
No information yet available.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak