Pador class Dreadnought
|Pador class Dreadnought|
The bridge of a massive Pador class Dreadnought.
|Type: BP Dreadnought|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr224,867.361 (base) |
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||Pador Military Forces|
|Passengers|| 0 High/Med |
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Pador class Dreadnought is a heavy warship.
- It is a military ship and a Dreadnought.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is a fully streamlined needle/wedge structure hull is fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. It has Jump-2 range and 4 G acceleration with a 2-Agility rating. It carries enough internal fuel for a Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. They can carry a Jump-2 drop tank as well for long range strikes into Sath Alliance territory when needed. It is tanker-dependent for longer range fleet maneuvers. It carries a model/6 fib ship computer, a back up computer and extra screen generators in the event of battle damage.
- They are armed with a meson gun spinal mount, particle accelerator bay, five hundred triple beam laser turrets, and two hundred dual fusion gun turrets. There are forty heavy missile bays. The hull is fully armored. The design has a repulsor bay and eight hundred triple sand caster turrets. In keeping with the Pador Fleet's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset. They carry the best hull armor available matched with the most powerful meson gun spinal mount in the sector.
- The vessel has ten 50 ton recovery boats to transport troops. They are supported by a squadron of ten 50 ton heavy fighters. It also carries over two-hundred Drop Capsules, enough to launch all drop troopers plus a few spares.
- It has 1,394 crew and carries two companies for a total of 200 rapid response jump troops, who function like marines.
- A side view schematic of a Pador class Dreadnought with a Beowulf class Free Trader for size comparison.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||200,000 tons. Streamlined Needle Hull.|
|2.||Crew||x1,394 crew & x200 jump troops.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/6 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification|
|11.||Construction Time||57 months to build, 45 months in quantity.|
It is a potent warship operated within the Distant Fringe. It was built to be the premier capital ship in Far Home Sector and the most powerful weapon in the Distant Fringe. Nothing in space can match this battle wagon: No other known world in the Distant Fringe builds a more powerful ship.
Designed and built by Pador after 57 months (224 weeks) for the [[prototype]) and 45 months (180 weeks) for the production models at huge expense. 10 are in service.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BP class Pocket Battleship
- Artemsus class Strike Battleship
- Chtrfiak class Battleship
- Courageous class Battleship
- Fauve class Battleship
- Fenris class Dreadnought
- Furious Anger class Battleship
- Ixobis class Dreadnought
- Kline class Battleship
- Kokirrak class Dreadnought
- Lefaen class Battleship
- Marat class Battleship
- Pador class Dreadnought
- Plankwell class Dreadnought
- Prince Ian II class Battleship
- Prince Morris I class Battleship
- Prince Roger III class Battleship
- Sarriaklir class Battleship
- Smelchak class Battleship
- Sutherland class Ship of the Line
- Tronskia class Dreadnought
- Type VB class Battleship
- Viepchakl class Battleship
- Voroshilef class Battleship
- Yrkath Ossu E*Wr class Battleship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science