From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Pacific/Cluster (Magyar 2933)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Pacific is a rich, agricultural world with improving living conditions due to a bustling agro-economy.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- This world is rich with high-grade living conditions, a good climate, and a non-harmful environment. Immigration registration for this world is always in high demand.
- The world serves as the subsector capital.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Cluster Subsector of Magyar Sector.
- About 80% of the population is composed of baseline humans and other non-human sophonts.
- About 20% of the population is composed of dolphins.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Pacific Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Pacific Primary Yellow G2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- The world is an administrative center for the subsector.
- Pacific is one of the very earthlike planets to which sentient Dolphins were transplanted as partners in colonization by the Terrans. The native life of Pacific was similar to Terra's; so few non-sentient lifeforms were imported. The world's climate supported Humans and Dolphins with no modifications. However, large local predators have presented problems for both species. Much of the effort of the colonists has gone into taming land and sea in the inhabited areas. Other parts of the world have been left wild.
- It is not unusual to find Dolphins serving in the subsector offices. When on land, the Dolphins use imported waldo-equipped suits.
- Pacific is one of the few planets where Dolphins can be found so often on land, and where they hold key positions in government and commercial institutions.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (star map)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- Marc Miller. "Wars of the Imperium." Imperial Encyclopedia (1987): TBD.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 14
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Author & Contributor: Dakin Burdick
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science