P-12 Agunda class Snub Fighter
|P-12 Agunda class Snub Fighter|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: FL Light Fighter|
|Also see||Snub Fighter|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr21.34 |
17.072 in quantity
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The P-12 Agunda class Snub Fighter is a combatant smallcraft.
- It is a military ship and a Fighter.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The P-12 Agunda class Snub Fighter is a TL–9, partially streamlined close structure hull which has been armored and reinforced. They are described as ugly, brutish craft with a cockpit/bridge with two acceleration couches and a Model/1 ship computer. Designed as an inexpensive pursuit fighter for combat space patrols. This is a fast, short endurance weapons platform.
It can accommodate two crew under normal combat conditions. Typically the bird was flown solo, from the back seat with the weapon officer's station left empty and slaved to the pilot's HUD in his control helmet.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||20 tons.|
|2.||Crew||x1 crew: Pilot|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||Factor-6 hull armor.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops|
|10.||Cost|| MCr21.34 |
17.072 in quantity.
|11.||Construction Time||24 weeks to build, 19 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Comments|| There is a squadron of this fighter deployed in the Tsorva system.
The Void Sailors Nist Fighter Squadron 172nd NFS, are one of the only units to still operate this fighter. These craft have long been removed from front line service and are only deployed in the lowest readiness level reserve units. They were carried into battle aboard Hyperion class Escort Carriers or based on system defense outposts.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Individual vessels are generally named by their crews.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Spacefarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type FP class Snub Fighter
- P-12 Agunda class Snub Fighter
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science