Order of the Starship and Crown
Order of the Starship and Crown: The Imperium's most prestigious order of knighthood.
The order has only one rank, that of Knight of Starship and Crown (K.S.C.). Knights are ranked according to the date of their knighthood, although the seniority of the Emperor's knighthood is considered to be that of Cleon I. There are only about 200 members holding the rank and title of Knight of Starship and Crown at any one time.
- Badge of the Order: The badge of the order is a stylized starship laid over a circlet representing the Imperial crown, both in gold, on a field of black.
When it was formed the new order incorporated almost the entire membership of the older Order of the Imperial Sunburst, which was disbanded by the same proclamation.
- The size of the order varies depending on the whims of the reigning Emperor; as of 1117 there are about 200 members, making it one of the most exclusive of the Imperium's orders of chivalry.
The order grants the following privileges:
- Imperial Audience Precedence: Members of the order take precedence over all others when applying for an audience. This privilege technically supercedes even that of the archdukes, although all of the archdukes are also members of the order.
- Holiday Seat Benefits: Members are also entitled to a seat at the Emperor's table during the annual Holiday and Emperor's Birthday banquets.
- Gratis Lodging on Capital: The headquarters of the order are on Capital, adjacent to the Moot Spire. The building contains the grand ceremonial hall of the order, a museum, archives, library, and the small, but sumptuous apartments, which are maintained for visiting members.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- . (, 2005), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science