|Primary||K7 V M7 V|
|Army size (BEs)||15|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||11,145|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||36,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||153,500|
Orcrist is a fluid world with oceans of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, or hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids. The world is tide locked to the planet which it orbits. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base for support of military starships.
- This world supports a Military Base for military ground forces.
|Army size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||9,270|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||54,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||222,100|
Era: New Era
Orcrist is a fluid world with oceans of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, or hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids. The world is tide locked to the planet which it orbits. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- This world is an Interface world, with a quarantine inspection facility for all ships.
- This world hosts a Military Base, Supporting military ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Orcrist is a relatively young world with a normal climate. The world is undergoing terraforming, seeding the surface with algae and bacteria to convert the atmosphere into a more normal oxygen-nitrogen mixture. Orcrist Soil Manufacturing Project.
Binary Solar System
Orcrist Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks "Thorin" Primary Orange K7 V "Thranduil" Secondary Red M7 V
The Orcrist system has two stars, the primary Thorin' and its companion, Thranduil. The world of Orcrist is the sole moon of the gas giant Dvergur, the only planet of the system. Orcrist is tidally locked with Dvergur and orbits at a distance of 0.32 AU. The moon spins once per orbit around Dvergur (41 hours, 31 minutes), and so Thorin appears to circle Orcrist in that period, as well.
History & Background (Dossier)
Orcrist's capital city is Grevistad; its Downport is Groenhamm Starport.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 45.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 69.
- GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science