|No. of Worlds||217|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 94%|
|Secondary Control||Dominion of Ruins (DoRu) - 5%|
|Tertiary Control||Bone Worlds (BoWo) - 1%|
|Province||Where The Stars End|
|Imperial Coordinate||-17 / -11|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Description
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 Sector Summary
- 5 History & Background
- 6 References & Contributors / Sources
The following astrographic features can be found within Omicus Sector:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 105 parsecs to trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Omicus Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 65 parsecs to rimward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Omicus Sector.
Omicus Sector is a backwater area that has only been partially explored.
Formerly, billions of humans descended from individuals who were originally part of the Last Armada. Their civilisations were extinguished during the 49th century and the Sector is currently believed to be unpopulated.
No polities currently exist within (or make a claim on any part of) Omicus Sector.
- Two defunct polities (the Dominion of Ruins and the Bone Worlds) occupied the rimward-trailing quadrant of the Sector. Both came to an abrupt end during the 49th century.
No capitals have been designated.
No information yet available.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
The following subsectors can be found within Omicus Sector:
History & Background
Limited information about Omicus Sector is available. Much of what is known comes from the Jannasta Expedition of the mid-55th century.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: largely unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Omicus Sector is named. Human settlement of the Intersect Cluster.
- Dark Age: the rise of petty polities and later the Dominion of Ruins. The Voyagers are not thought to have been active in the sector.
- Expansion Era: the end of the Bone Worlds and the Dominion of Ruins.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: the Jannasta Expedition explores the Intersect Cluster.
- Present Day: data for Omicus Sector is published in the DSP Listing.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Omicus Sector include:
- 2255AD Omicus Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- circa 2300AD Settlement of a few prime worlds within the Intersect Cluster by humans of the Last Armada.
- circa 3000AD Population growth and industrial capability prompts interstellar expansion within the Intersect Cluster.
- circa 3500AD Formation of petty polities. Internicene warfare.
- circa 4650AD Confederation of trailing petty polities into Dominion of Ruins. Continued independence of the Bone Worlds. Ongoing warfare by the Dominion against the Bone Worlds, culminating in the latters use of an unknown bioweapon.
- circa 4700AD Warfare scales down, worlds slowly depopulate.
- circa 4750AD All of the worlds of the Intersect Cluster become Barren.
- 5460AD to 5471AD The Jannasta Expedition surveys the worlds of the Intersect Cluster.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science