Omega Supreme class Battle Rider
|Omega Supreme class Battle Rider|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: BRL Battle Rider|
|Also see||Battle Rider|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr27,668.984, MCr. 22,135.187 in quantity.|
|Crew||458 with 200 marines|
|Origin||[[Ras Tennol Forces]]|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 229 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Omega Supreme class Battle Rider is a warship.
- It is a military ship and a Battle Rider.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The Ras Tennol Oni class Fleet Tender can carry five of these TL–12 warships. The Omega Supreme class Battle Rider was designed to destroy enemy combatants on the front line. They are equipped with back up systems and a low watch to absorb critical hits, but are considered a glass hammer. They carry a very powerful ship killing meson gun, but had to sacrifice hull armor and agility to do so.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||20,000 tons.|
|3.||Performance||6-G acceleration, 7-power, 1,400 EPs.|
|4.||Electronics||(x2) Model/6 fib.|
|6.||Armament||x1 Factor-K spinal mounted meson gun, x1 Factor-8 particle accelerator bay, x7 Factor-9 missile bays, x10 triple beam laser turrets in x1 Factor-8 battery, and x10 dual fusion gun turrets in x1 Factor-8 battery.|
|7.||Defenses||x2 Factor-1 nuclear dampers, x2 Factor-1 meson screens, x10 triple sand caster turrets in x1 Factor-9 battery, x1 Factor-6 repulsor bay.|
|8.||Craft||x10 10T Fighters.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification.|
|10.||Cost||MCr27,668.984, MCr. 22,135.187 in quantity.|
|11.||Construction Time||Architects Fee: MCr 276.69 months.|
|12.||Comments||Five carried on each Ras Tennol Oni class Fleet Tender.|
To augment the Ras Tennol Forces, these vessels can carry their own marines and fighters to compliment and expand upon the resources of their motherships. Then can be left behind for system defense duties as a monitor. Against enemy battleships they have to overwhelm targets with their numbers and hope to score enough internal hits to disable their enemy before they are crippled.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BRL class Light Battle Rider
- Ardi class Battle Rider
- Aulinu class Battle Rider
- Cleon class Battle Rider
- Dungfumbler class Heavy Battle Rider
- Houdini class Battle Rider
- Iingar class Light Battle Rider
- Joao class Battle Rider
- Joneslow class Battle Rider
- Lithos Mailed class Heavy Battle Rider
- Narsil class Battle Rider
- Nolikian class Battle Rider
- Nosea class Battle Rider
- Omega Supreme class Battle Rider
- Parasite class Battle Rider
- Perseus class Battle Rider
- Quiquilat class Battle Rider
- Reverent Prayer class Battle Rider
- Sacnoth class Battle Rider
- Trindel class Battle Rider
- Valhalla class Battle Rider
- Zero Karma class Heavy Battle Rider
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science