Okskorztsillkag (Kn 1427) (world)
|Okskorztsillkag/Irrarrdhang (Knoellighz 1427)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||G8 V D|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to incrementally rise barring outside forces. The world will grow even quicker when its industrial sector begins to develop.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a member of the Ascendancy Pact in the Irrarrdhang Subsector of Knoellighz Sector in the Vargr Extents.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Okskorztsillkag (Kn 1427) Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Okskorztsillkag (Kn 1427) Primary Primary Yellow G8 V Okskorztsillkag (Kn 1427) Companion Secondary White Dwarf D
History & Background (Dossier)
Nine-hundred Vargr survivalists in 1105 “crash landed” on Okskorztsillkag (Knoellighz 1427) E857222-0 Ga Lo Ni / Lt before it was officially declared a Reserve by the claiming Ascendancy Pact in Irrarrdhang Subsector. The survivalists and naturalists have been chided by subsequent scouts and deep surveyors for spoiling their initial scans and the virginal ecosystem with Vargr presence.
The E-rated ‘Downport’ is actually the survivalists’ starship, grounded on the shore of a beach with large intake hoses to the onboard purification plant. The bridge’s Comms have been set to act as a navigational beacon. The cargo bays have been converted to local warehouse storage even as the fuel tankage holds purified fuel for sale to the surveyors and others. This is the full extent of the Downport presence on Okskorztsillkag. From there, the Tech Level drops directly to Stone Age zero. It was the survival naturalists who purposefully undertook to live off the land as hunter-gatherers and utilizing extensive training in survival. When times are thin, the locals fall back to their starship and regroup to rethink their strategy, often querying the onboard Library for advice. Since its grounding the ship has been thusly unofficially named Library.
As part of their survival challenge the local Vargr hunters have eschewed much of their original weaponry and have regressed to Stone Age weaponry and tools. By choice they have made use of basic metalworking and hardwoods for spears, javelins, atlatls, bows and arrows. Leaders feature self-forged, serrated swords keen enough to penetrate combat armor. Local fauna seems to support these diehards and they gleefully forget the rest of Charted Space in the village campfires of their commune.
The mainworld’s Garden (Ga) rating has provided a comfortable gravity, a healthy water cycle but a challenging, Thin atmosphere that keeps the survivalists to the lower lands where pressures are tolerable. Much of the hunting has further regressed to netting fish and sniper bow-hunting to keep down the need to exert the hunter-gatherers. Seasonal change due to a 20 degree axial tilt has on occasion forced the locals to retreat to their starship until they adapted to hide and fur wear for the mild winter months.
The society of the naturalists has regressed in technology but they have kept a structure of Participating Democracy of the of-age villagers. Quorum gatherings are as common as Charisma and the numerous issues of current affair crop up. Pack level decisions are made by the Alpha Vargr and the tasks of survival continue from there. The entire tribe has spread out over the span of a large town but come together at least weekly to barter yields with each other. Money, scrip or electronic has no value on Okskorztsillkag. Tapping the ‘Downport’ fuel tanks for fuel will require a tribute to the naturalists that they can readily evaluate by their standards.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|