|Ohkiylyo/Staai (Dark Nebula 2734)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Ohkiylyo is a non-agricultural, pre-industrial, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to improve in the near future barring outside forces.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a tidally-locked world, which does not rotate as most planets do. It has one face locked to the gravity source, usually a star, and the other locked away from the gravity source, making for extremely warm weather on one side and cold extremes on the other.
- This world is part of the Aslan Hierate, as a vassal clan dominate, in the Staai Subsector of Dark Nebula Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
This system is controlled by the Aslan Hierate, and is located near the Solomani Confederation border in the Staai Subsector of the Dark Nebula. There are seven worlds in this system. The planet is non-agricultural. The surface gravity is 0.09 Gs, the air pressure is 0.16 atmospheres, the heavy iron core produces a density of 4.03 g/ml. The climate is frigid for this planet as it sits 0.4 AU from its dim red primary. The planet is also tidally locked to its star, and doesn't rotate on its axis. Settlements are restricted to the "bright side".
Ohkiylyo Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Ohkiylyo Primary Red M1 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Ohkiylyo has a high technology level and an excellent starport. The shipyards have a 510,000 ton capacity for construction, maintenance and overhauls. The starport is well staffed and conducts a fair amount of trade volume. The facilities are well protected by 70 battalion sized units.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium - name and location
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan - UWP
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy