|O'Keefe/Gazulin (Trojan Reach 2709)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- In a technological universe, societies without industrial capability generally suffer as nearly all manufactured and high tech goods must be brought in at significant cost.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Gazulin Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
The sea levels of O'Keefe rose several meters in the past and are slowly receding, leaving behind thousands of square kilometers of stagnant, muddy, worm-ridden bog land.
- Structures are built on tall stilts and the natives navigate the many shallow streams on flat-bottomed boats and rafts.
- The planet supports few large settlements, and the largest is Stiltown, surrounding the small spaceport.
O’Keefe produce some useful fungi and a sweet-smelling moss used in luxury cosmetics.
- These items are gathered by the poor inhabitants and dried in long smokehouses before being sold through Stiltown.
- The chief threat to both this industry and the fensmen are the worms of O’Keefe, which grow up to six meters long and sometimes attack humans.