Noricum (TR 2018) (world)
From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Noricum/Sindal (Trojan Reach 2018)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||G2 V M9 V M6 V|
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is part of the Sindalian Main.
- During the Long Night this world was named Old Sindal.
No information yet available.
Trinary Solar System
Noricum (TR 2018) Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Noricum (TR 2018) Primary Primary Yellow G2 V Noricum (TR 2018) Companion Secondary Red M9 V Noricum (TR 2018) Far Companion Tertiary Red M6 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- The planet is covered with ruins from the old Empire and deadly viruses continue to taint the atmosphere.
- Over thirty percent of Noricum is still considered a death zone more than 2,000 years later.
- Some or all of the natives are asymptomatic plague carriers.
- In the first half of the 3rd Century, several lethal plagues on other worlds in the region were traced to illegal treasure hunting expeditions to Noricum.
- This made the Count of Gazulin add a quarantine to the interdict.
- The interdict/quarantine is enforced by interdiction satellites and frequent Imperial Navy patrols.