|Niirka/Dusa (Vland 0422)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M9 III D|
Niirka is a non-agricultural, pre-industrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- Its economy and population are slowly growing and living conditions are expected to improve in the near future barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dusa Subsector of Vland Sector in the Domain of Vland.
Binary Solar System
Niirka Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Niirka Primary Primary Red M9 III Niirka Companion Secondary White Dwarf D
History & Background (Dossier)
Its Class A starport serves tens of millions of residents of the small planetoid. Niirka itself is not the most hospitable world, having no atmosphere of any sort, but the benefits of a very high technology make it possible for its residents to live in relative comfort.
Rich mineral resources on the world attracted a large number of settlers which has made this inhospitable world a surprising hub of activity within the subsector.
It is the terminus of a major trade route that travels through Lalaki (Vland 0619) and then on to a major trading hub at Kagamira (Vland 1519). The proceeds from this trade-route have financed a life of luxury in this small feudal technocracy that surpasses many more "important" worlds of the Imperium.