Nexus (Da 2225) (world)
|Army size (BEs)||20|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||7,930|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||6,300|
|Port passengers (annual)||428,500|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world, which is easily affordable for most inhabitants of this rich world.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Pact Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Nexus, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdom of a baron. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Arim Imas.
Astrography and planetology
The system is the site of a large naval base but, in respect of the population, (and the influence of the Viisarikaa family) this has been mostly based on Kelemetia, a moon of the gas giant Obria.
Nexus Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Nexus Primary Primary Yellow G4 V
History and background
This is one of only two agricultural systems in the subsector. Whilst not as large or productive as Chandra's World, it is still considered the major agricultural supplier to the rimward systems in the subsector. This world is governed as a personal fief of the Viisarikaa family. It is renowned as innovative in agricultural techniques and has successfully grown many rare transplanted crops.
In addition, it is also known as a major centre of the Arts throughout the sector (and has been ever since the First Imperium), and its considerable contribution is actively encouraged by the Viisarikaa family. The system has a considerable population of artists, poets, designers, etc.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Nexus (Da 2225) has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|