|Newport/Laraa (Dagudashaag 3139)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Newport (Da 3139) is a poor, low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- This poor world is struggling to establish itself and living conditions in many areas are rudimentary.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Laraa Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Iigan.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Newport was established on the third world of this system exclusively as a naval base protecting the rim-corward region of the Laraa Main and added protection to the Scout Information Depository at Reference (Core 0140).
- The 230th Fleet patrols the four corners space of Dagudashaag, Core, Massilia, and Zarushagar.
- Elements can be seen in the adjacent subsectors as well.
- There are extensive naval shipyards in addition to a small civilian starport.
- It's close proximity to the Naval Depot at Color (Massilia 0301) shows in large numbers of naval vessels passing through Newport to and from the Depot.
- The listed population often swells up to ten to twenty times due to the passing naval crews and traders.
- The navy maintains a squadron of 30,000-ton fuel shuttles which continually move between the base and the inner gas giant.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.