|Homeworld||Goohu (Touchstone 1620)|
The Nasedran are a bipedal dinosaurian minor race native to Goohu (...now Urkha'hrea Touchstone 1620).
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Culture & Society (Ethnology)
- 4 Government & Politics (Leadership)
- 5 Technology & Trade (Economy)
- 6 Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
- 7 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 8 References & Contributors (Sources)
No information yet available.
Physiology & Environment (Ecology)
Nasedran resemble a miniature (2.0m+ long) red/green/brown camouflaged T. Rex.
- They have long muscular four-fingered clawed hands and resemble a 3-fingered rake with an opposable thumb, -1 to dex).. Their muscular legs ending 4 claws allow them a sprint burst of almost 70 kph for 100 meters & are very agile moving along hilly, rocky terrain. Though very strongly build, their most impressive feature are their skulls, mounted on a muscular, 'bulldog' neck, are armored with bone & horn ridges that allow them to head-butt for 2D6 damage. Their large, red-irised eyes are designed for twi & night light & they have trouble in bright light unless wearing eye shields or goggles.. Their hearing is also less than human ears. However their excellent sense of smell often make up for their other senses. Their stiff tail cannot be used effectively as a weapon & if damaged or lost, nasedran have trouble maintaining balance at any speed over 10 kph.
- They descended from a nocturnal herbivore ancestor but developed in omnivores as they evolved much like Humaniti did.
History & Background (Dossier)
By 320 they achieved TL–6 followed by manned spaceflight in 323. By 625 they had achieved jump drive from Aakho free traders. In 798 they had their first contact as Nasedran met advance forces of Ikhtealyo Tlaukhu on a trading mission. In 802 they suffered their first Aslan attack, beating it off with severe losses on both sides. In 867 after a long cold war, the Aslan returned in force easily defeating the Nasedran's TL–7 forces. Under the leadership of Boorsin Morgh the remaining jump ships took as many refugees as possible and fled the system corward. By 905, the 11 remaining ships carrying 3523 passengers hit the outer defenses of the Huin Hierarchy, surrendering to the Hierarchy Navy. Akhirooa, current ruler granted them sanctuary on Aaba, an underdeveloped planet.
- Today the Nasedran number at least 25 million and form a major component of the Hierarchy's armed forces.
Culture & Society (Ethnology)
Nasedrin are social creatures, literally dying if isolated from other sentient creatures. They are also very raucous, disliking silence and love to speak in metaphysical aphorisms constantly. If presented with a situation where silence is necessary a Nasedran must a make a willpower check to keep from talking to leaving the room in a nervous fit. By nature Nasedran are fairly placid beings, slow to anger but very deadly when aroused (ask any Aslan).
- They are a very spiritual people, with a belief in the divine in everything. This leads them to treat all with respect, even the aggressive and psychotic, whom they try to avoid or open a dialogue first. Violence, though it is considered a failure, is a recognized chain of life-even the most placid Nasedran is skilled in some form of combat, armed or unarmed. Nasedran temples, no matter what design, contain no roof (so that the divine may enter unhindered) and are usually built on hills of mountains. There are no priesthood, as all nasedran are learned in religious lore, & each member of the community takes turns in religious lessons and sermons as a matter of pride. Major festivals occur on seasonal changes befitting a people that were transitional agrarian/industrial when their society was disrupted by the Aslan. Nasedran days begin and end with a meditation hour.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
Nasedran society tends to be a fraternal democracy, gathering around families groups that elect a head of family who presides over family matters until they die or lose a vote of confidence. These beings, called Dragh, get together with dragh of other families to settle inter-family disputes, alliances and set policy. These sessions, like all Nasedran social events are very sedate, since it's a racial trait for nasedran to settle everything in a peaceful, calm, rational manner. Nasedran politics used to be more complex, but since part of the Huin Hierarchy, the Dragh defer to the Hierarchy's government for matters higher than family.
- There are no criminals in Nasedran society, but there are those considered insane. These should be apprehended & cured if possible and exiled if incurable to let the universe deal with them.
Technology & Trade (Economy)
Nasedran are currently considered a TL–8 society.
- They frequently trade for higher technology items and have a societal goal to reach the higher technical aptitude levels of Charted Space.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
When fighting, the powerful Nasedrin prefer large, hard hitting weapons such as plasma & fusions guns (when they get them), grenade & rocket launchers, heavy machine guns, & multi-barreled VRF guns known as Ghaukils in the Nasedran language, weapons that even Aslan would find difficult to handle. There is no gender bias in Nasedran society though females to tend to be drawn more to military careers than the males, possibly because the females tend to be 5% larger than males. Nasedran also have a dislike of vehicles, preferring to walk or run unless the destination is a long way off or off-planet.
- Nasedran dislike taking another life, and warriors undergo the Trayhsu-Jhat-Fhus, a meditation that allows them to fight in a deadly, detached manner & disregard the bloodshed around them. Nasedran outlook tends to be conservative, which explains the long progression from TL6 when they acquired jump drives to TL7 almost a 2 1/2 centuries later when the Aslan drove them off their homeworld.
- Nasedrin characters can use any character class except scout, assassin, pirate (though a few serve aboard corsairs as bodyguards, particularly if there is a Huin aboard), noble, & rogue. The preferred careers are diplomat, merchant, and, medical. There are a few (5%) of nasedran who possess psionics, the most common being awareness, telepathy, & the wild talent animal telepathy. Nasedran characters will have a dislike to any Aslan they discover belong to the Ikhtealyo Tlaukhu & will ignore the Aslan or leave the room if they can. They as a race are very grateful to the Huin family for giving them sanctuary & will fight to the death to protect any Huin they see attacked. Nasedran are also very proud of their strength, & will readily carry large loads for the pride of it. Flattery of their strength will go a long way in courting Nasedran favor. As nasedran, be tolerant of the aggressive, they just don't have a clue.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is:
World Listing: 1105
Significant communities of this race (sophont species) are known to exist within the following systems and worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Michael J. Maley - High Tortuga
- "The High Tortuga Traveller website is managed by Darkhstarr. Requests to post material on this site welcomed. Any non-canonical material by the author may be posted to another site as long as the author gets credited & a link to this site is published with the posted material." (Paraphrased)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science