From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Napu/Laraa (Dagudashaag 3035)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Napu is a low-population fluid world with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- A fluid world has an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Laraa Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Vliiki.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
Due to the corrosive nature of their atmosphere, few Napu have even been outside an artificial environment.
- Napu was initially setup up in 102 to mine heavy metals.
- Poor filtration system design resulted in a heavy metal taint in within the domes themselves.
- The descendants of the original miners have now adapted to this but at a cost; in order to cope natives have evolved an adaptive metabolism.
- Their DNA has the ability to for rapid and error-free repair of cellular damage from the background radiation as well as the biological need to ingest what to others would be a poisonous excess of rare earths such as arsenic.
- As a result of these adaptations Napu are now unable to reproduce with other races of Humaniti and are thus dying out due to excessive inbreeding.