Naga class Frigate
|Naga class Frigate|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: EF Frigate|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Origin||Sudi Verisian Navy|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Naga class Frigate is a light warship.
- It is a military ship and a Frigate.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||600 tons, unstreamlined dispersed structure.|
|2.||Crew||48, Pilot, Navigator, 3 Engineers, 1 Medic, 5 Gunners, 16 Flight Crew, 21 Marines share 24 double occupancy staterooms.|
|3.||Performance||Jump-2, 2-G acceleration, 3-power, 18-EP, Agility-0.|
|4.||Electronics||Model 6 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||2 triple missile turrets, one battery, 2 triple beam laser turrets, one battery, 1 dual fusion gun turret, two batteries.|
|7.||Defenses||1 triple sand caster turret, fires as a single battery.|
|8.||Craft||x8 10T Fighter, x2 4T Air Raft.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||On Board Fuel Purification.|
|11.||Construction Time||MCr 3.985, TBD months.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EF class Frigate
- Accel class Light Frigate
- Chaiik class Frigate
- Dead Sun class Frigate
- Draper class Frigate
- Ghost class Frigate
- Hazard class Frigate
- Idris class Frigate
- KE11 Ancestor class Frigate
- Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser
- Krivak class Frigate
- Last Armada class Fast Escort
- Leedos class Frigate
- Mangle class Frigate
- Maurus class Frigate
- Montgomery class Frigate
- Musuna class Frigate
- Naga class Frigate
- Nevato class Frigate
- Nonsuch class Patrol Frigate
- Nowa Sol class Frigate
- Oorlog Jacht class Frigate
- Pilum class Frigate
- Plasma Storm class Frigate
- Revenge War Sloop class Corvette
- Rr'xighik'ker class Frigate
- S-17r class Frigate
- Sardis class Frigate
- Se Koez class Frigate
- Surprise class Light Frigate
- Taranil class Patrol Frigate
- TC10 Kalsop class Frigate
- Type 053H Xiamen class Frigate
- Type G class Frigate
- Type VF class Frigate
- Uxkoong class Frigate
- Yubari class Frigate
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science