Nafud (Da 1418) (world)
|Nafud/Ushra (Dagudashaag 1418)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K4 V M9 V|
Nafud (Da 1418) is a poor, non-agricultural desert world with no free-standing water.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- The population of this world is restless, massive in numbers, struggling in a tough, desert environment, and full of dissent. This world is ripe for revolution.
- Some hope to establish an industrial business sector here in the near future to increase prosperity. Others are looking into innovative food production means such as hydro- and aero-ponics in hope of making this world food-sufficient.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Ushra Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- It is the homeworld of the Inchok, a sophontic species and minor race.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Nafud (Da 1418) Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Nafud (Da 1418) Primary Primary Orange K4 V Nafud (Da 1418) Companion Secondary Red M9 V
Native Sophont: Inchok
In 438 it was discovered that Nafud was home to a semi-intelligent species, the Inchok. Since then the Miidian Desert regions have been isolated while the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service study the race.
History & Background (Dossier)
During the Long Night this world was named Limaa Im. Nafudian society is migratory in that each "city" consists of thousands of surface vehicles fitted with life support. These "cities" move around in order to find and extract minerals from the sand. The waste product, fine black sand is used throughout Ushra in electronic components and in water filtration systems. There is intense competition between clans and open warfare has been known to break out on a regular basis.