|Primary||M3 V M8 V|
|Law Level||No law|
|Army size (BEs)||2|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||475|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||6,800|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Mukira has both a thin tainted atmosphere and no surface water which makes habitation by sophonts difficult. The system has a population between 10,000 and a million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Sapphyre Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Mukira, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
- During the Long Night this world was named Udgi.
Astrography and planetology
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Mukira Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Mukira Primary Primary Red M3 V Mukira Companion Secondary Red M8 V
History and background
Murkians are fierce democrats, with a wide variety of opinions and attitudes. As a result every level of government is directly elected, consequently ineffective, and often corrupt. One common attitude amongst the electorate is the dislike of violence, to the point of inaction. Although the frequent elections make 'campaign fever' an everyday occurrence, political violence is unheard of. Unscrupulous off-worlders have been known to use violence in taking advantage or Murkians, with the result the average citizen is highly fearful of any direct dealings. The myriad of elected officials often see their duty as protecting voter and any off-worlder will have to deal with numerous petty regulations. A lack of consensus within the government has so far prevented the establishment of the extrality zone around the surface port. This discourages landings unless absolutely necessary. The orbital port has a large contingent of 'enabling agents' who deal with the locals on behalf of visitors, for a fee. Although not a legal requirement, falling foul of regulations can be time-consuming and expensive, so the agents are popular.
Imperial High Nobility
Mukira has a routine quality starport.
- A Class-C Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform surprisingly sophisticated repair work despite the limited facilities.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
The starport manager has managed to gain a consensus between several agencies and managed construction of a high capacity loading dock on the surface installation. Unfortunately, the vested interests of the enabling agents and the surface-to-orbit transport companies prevent too much cooperation for the use of the ground port.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics, improved telephones, and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Improved geothermal and improved batteries.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Advanced automobiles.
- Water: Triphibians and early artificial gills.
- Air: Improved helicopters and hypersonic jets.
- Space: Space shuttles, early space stations, and improved interplanetary spacecraft.
Mukira has a Representative Democracy government.
- It is a government by elected representatives.
- The typical power source of this government is a Republic.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Unitary State .