|Law Level||No law|
|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||0|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Mithril is a barren world with no overt population, government, or law level.
- This world could be populated if anyone had an inclination to do so... The world has been set aside to preserve indigenous life forms, to delay resource development, or for other reasons. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
|Army size (BEs)||15|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||5,203|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||950|
|Port passengers (annual)||211,100|
Era: New Era
Wisconsin is a nonindustrial, rich, agricultural world with improving living conditions due to a bustling agro-economy.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- Its economy is bustling and an increase in living conditions is expected in the near future. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. This world has a nearby Regency Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- Mithril is one of the Metal Worlds.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Mithril Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Notes Mithril Primary Primary Yellow-White F4 V
Mithril is an average-sized world measuring 8000 kilometers in diameter, with a standard atmosphere and water covering 80% of the world surface. In actuality, the water which covers the surface of Mithril is mostly ice; ice-caps cover both poles, and much of the continental land mass is under a mantle of ice and snow. Mithril's temperature rarely goes above freezing, as it orbits CN4335688, its F4 V primary, at a distance of 4.10 AU. Only the 2,486-day year allows for a long enough growing season to support plant life.
History & Background (Dossier)
Mithril is listed in the directories as having no population, government, or law level; this is not entirely true. Mithril was one of the group of Metal Worlds held in reserve by the Sword Worlds Confederation for future development. To support that claim, a rudimentary Starport (type E, little more than an administration building next to a paved area) was maintained, along with a port warden responsible for establishing sovereignty. Formally Mithril thus had both population, government, and law, but with no way to enforce the law away from the administration building, the Scouts chose to ignore it.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Marc Miller. Across the Bright Face/Mission on Mithril (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 45.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 72-73.
- GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds