A Minute is a unit of time.
Humans tend to perform routine everyday tasks, such as washing, dressing or eating, in multiples of minutes.
Other cultures have different values for a minute:
- The K'kree Trakeek, equivalent to approximately 25.8 standard seconds.
- The K'kree Nixir, equivalent to approximately 4.3 standard minutes.
The minute was defined as a unit of time on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the minute useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. MegaTraveller (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak