Meritorious Conduct Under Fire
The Medal for Meritorious Conduct Under Fire (MCUF) is an Imperial decoration.
- It is the Imperium's third highest valor award, ranking above the Exemplary Service Medal, but below the Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry. It is awarded for acts of heroism or meritorious service in a combat zone.
|Meritorious Conduct Under Fire||MCUF||Heroism.||None.|
The medal is an octagonal piece of metal suspended from a cloth ribbon. On the obverse (front) is the depiction of a resolute soldier standing his ground and motioning for others behind him to move forward and follow him. Around the edge is engraved the words: "With Great Merit and Dedication to the Service". On the reverse is the name of the recipient.
It comes in three classes.
- Third Class is suspended from a blue cloth ribbon and is given for the first through fifth receipts.
- Second Class is suspended from a red cloth ribbon and is given for the sixth through tenth receipts.
- First Class is suspended from a red & black cloth ribbon and is given for eleventh and additional receipts.
Additional awards are signified by a metal numeral pin worn on the ribbon to indicate the number of awards.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- . (, 1978), 4,10.
- , , . (, 1980), TBD.
- . (, 1987), 48,49,53.
- . (, 2000), 52-53.
- . (, 2013), 48,71.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Traveller TNE Mailing List Deneb Sector Library Data: Miscellaneous Background by Peter Gray published 20 June 2001
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science