- They might be an offshoot of the Poicxh.
- 1 Astronavigational Codes
- 2 Goals
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Government & Politics (Leadership)
- 5 Technology & Trade (Economy)
- 6 Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
- 7 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 8 References & Contributors (Sources)
|Unknown||Pre-Imperial||None||No standard code||None|
|Unknown||1st Survey (300)||None||2-ltr code||None|
|Maskai Empire||2nd Survey (1065)||MaEm||4-ltr code||None|
The survival of their species and the acquisition of materials to sustain their empire seem to be their only goals.
History & Background (Dossier)
The lack of jump drives has forced them to develop slow, deliberate strategies and they are very patient planners.
- The collective genetic memory of the species contains the big picture goals.
- The individual organisms are just tools to achieve these goals.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Maskai Empire government is characterized as having a very high degree of centralization, which sets supremely uniform policies that direct a multi-system state and utterly disregards local/planetary differences. The Maskai Empire government is usually classified as an Empire.
These hives have a genetic caste system to carry out different social functions. The workers and warriors are led by a queen. The warrior caste are armored to withstand vacuum for short periods of time and have sharp mandibles.
Many diplomatic concepts are foreign to their mindset.
- They have developed the ability to negotiate to buy time.
- They will delay offensive operations until they are fully prepared and certain of victory.
Technology & Trade (Economy)
They make use of genetic engineering to a wide degree. The extent of this technology is equivalent to at least TL–10 in most respects.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
The Maskai Empire systems are protected by large asteroid monitors delivered by colonial sub light hive ships from the home world of Maskaan (world) in ancient pre-imperial times.
Hive Protector: Filled with as many warriors as it can carry in a maze of tunnels, fitted into the largest buffered asteroid hull the computer technology could support, this design looks to eliminate capital ships with the large spinal mounted particle accelerator mount. Lesser targets are swarmed with missile barrages, and the pulse lasers are used to absorb surface weapon hits. They like to board if possible to allow their large numbers of efficient female warriors to overwhelm enemy ships.
SDB-N9055D4-690002-10J08-0 MCr. 30,358.734 49,000tons Bearing 1 1 Y 1 W Crew 2,467 Batteries 1 1 Z 1 X TL 10 Cargo: 1 ton weapons locker Fuel: 2,450 tons EP: 2,450 Agility: 3 Marines: 2,002 Pulse Lasers Craft: 1 x 90T Troop Lander Backups: 1 x Model/4fib Computer Substitutions: W = 34 X = 40 Y = 51 Z = 60 Architects Fee: MCr 303.587 Cost in Quantity: MCr 24,286.987
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1116
References & Contributors (Sources)
- T20 Gateway to Destiny (pgs. 35, 56-57)
- Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Author & Contributor: Enoki