Marhaban (EQ 0426) (world)
|Primary||G4 V M0 V M2 V M6 V|
|Army size (BEs)||100|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||8,413|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||96,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||393,800|
Marhaban has a short-sleeve breathable atmosphere. The system has a population between ten million and 100 million sophonts. The world serves as the capital for the subsector. The world has a climate with temperatures at the upper range of human endurance. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lentuli Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Marhaban, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdoms of a baron and the Subsector duke. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This is the homeworld to Bwap, a Minor Race.
- Alternate orthography: Maharaban.
This world has been renamed thrice:
- The Bwap name of Taswabwapeaspa;
- the ancient Vilani name of Lentuli;
- and the Second Imperium name of Marhaban, Arabic for ‘Hello’.
Description (Astrography and Planetology)
No information yet available.
Quaternary Solar System
Marhaban (EQ 0426) Quaternary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Marhaban (EQ 0426) Primary Primary Yellow G4 V "Glowl" Marhaban (EQ 0426) Companion Secondary Red M0 V "Kobpape" Marhaban (EQ 0426) Far Companion Tertiary Red M2 V Marhaban (EQ 0426) Distant Companion Quaternary Red M6 V
Marhaban has a 21 standard hour day, and a 358 day year - remarkably close to Terran standard. Marhaban's axial tilt is very small, however, and seasonal variation in climate is minimal.
Marhaban's land area consists of a single main continent and a number of archipelagoes and smaller islands in a relatively shallow sea.
Marhaban is the homeworld of the Bwaps or Newts, a minor alien species that resemble Terrestrial salamanders more than anything else. Newts are regarded as bureaucrats par excellance, and have been since the days of the Vilani Imperium.
- Traditional centre of Bwap Culture. Marhaban is the most famous single system within the Imperial Empty Quarter.
- The Bwap, by far the most widespread minor race in Charted Space are, as such, one of the most respected and revered across the stars. Several important Bwap governing agencies, including the Grand Council of Crechés, are also based on the world.
History and Background
Marhaban’s decision to swear allegiance to the Third Imperium on 208-015 carried great weight on Bwap creches across Charted Space.
|c. -5000||Ziru Sirka makes contact with the Bwap on the Bwap homeworld of Taswabwapeaspa. The world was swiftly assimilated by the Imperium, and given the proper Vilani name of Lentuli.|
|-3170||Marhaban was given permission by the Makhidkarun Bureaux of the Ziru Sirka to build their own fleet of jump1 starships.|
|-3005||Colonization of Wesawek begins.|
|-2800||The Ishimkarun (Shadow Emperor) of the Ziru Sirka granted the system of Lentuli a license to build Jump2 engines – the only known legal exception to the Ziru Sirka restrictions of Jump2 technology.|
|c. -1600||Marhaban and Wesaswek’s technological decline hits bottom at TL 9.|
|c. -1300||The Bwap homeworld of Marhaban re-attains TL 10.|
|c. -1300||The Grand Council of Creches decides to contact as many of the scattered Bwap creches as possible.|
|c. -1250||Bwap scouts are sent on re-contact missions.|
|-1163 to -1141||The legendary journey of the Bwap scout Watwapebpepaeb, from Marhaban to the Old Expanses and back, is made.|
|c. -600||Two or three dozen Bwap starships visit Marhaban every year.|
|-484||Bwap members of the Sylean Federation Scouts first visit Marhaban, the Bwap homeworld, and are welcomed as long-lost kin.|
|-480||The return of the Bwap Sylean Scouts is celebrated by Sylean media.|
|-198||The Absaba-waketh we-bapaaes, a Bwap-Federation trading venture – begins a regular trade route between Sylea and Marhaban.|
|c. 0||Marhaban is a minor trade nexus, with Sylean, Vargr, Vilani, and Menderes traders routinely stopping over.|
|428||A-estaka-sespa of the Sathwawafa clan is selected by Emperor Martin III to rule Marhaban subsector. He is the first Bwap to be raised up to Ducal status, and one of the very few non-human Dukes of the pre-Civil War era.|
|432||At the request of the new Duke, Emperor Martin III changes the name of Marhaban subsector to Lentuli, the name of the dynasty Martin III currently leads.|
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Marhaban 0426 A4698AB-C Hw 701 Im
- CT - 1105 - Marhaban 0426 A4697AB-E 801 Im
- MT - 1125 - Marhaban 0426 C4697A7-C 701 La - League of Antares (Regent Brzk's faction)
- TNE - 1201 - Marhaban 0426 X469846-5 Ri 801 Wi
References and Contributors
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 1 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 5 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 17 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 19 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 19 - UWP Only
- Exteernal Link: [http://zho.berka.com/data/CLASSIC/writeup.pl?loc=0426andplanY=Marhabanandsector=EMPTYQandrealsubname=Lentuliandsubsector=SEC_I.DATandsubsectorletter=I Zho.Berka World Write-up on Zhodani
- Author and Contributor: MIMIC - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication