|Army size (BEs)||300|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||338|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||90,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||15,350|
Marastan has an ideal environment for producing agricultural goods and an balanced population between 10 and 100 million. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. The world has been set aside to preserve indigenous life forms, to delay resource development, or for other reasons. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Glisten Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Marastan, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdom of a baron. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
|Army size (BEs)||150|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||21,453|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||89,699|
|Port passengers (annual)||188,800|
Era: New Era
Marastan has an ideal environment for producing agricultural goods and an balanced population between 10 and 100 million. The world has been set aside to preserve indigenous life forms, to delay resource development, or for other reasons. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Glisten Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. Less than 10% of the world's population is the Major Race K'kree.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Marastan Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Marastan Primary Primary Orange K7 V
2231 Marastan (Imperial)
Starport: Class II.
Diameter: 7,846 miles (12,600 km).
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 92 million.
Government: Multiple societies.
Control Level: 1.
Tech Level: 6.
World Trade Number: 3.5.
Point of Interest: Marastan Imperial Reserve
Marastan is an Imperial Reserve, containing sprawling examples of flora and fauna collected by the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service during surveys and explorations.
- Some of these are now extinct in their home environment but survive on Marastan in carefully segregated reserves. This Imperial collection, available only for research by accredited scholars, is one of the largest in the Imperium. Although the Emperor has never visited the collection, it is reported that action holographs of it are used for decoration and entertainment at the Summer Palace on Umgadin (Core 2320).
History & Background (Dossier)
Here is a Marastan Military Brief which details some locally produced vehicles and native military formations.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 50.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 99.
- JTAS Online The Outrim Frontier by Hans Rancke-Madsen published June 19, 2007
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science