- It is part of Charted Space.
|Mapepire Cluster||Pre-Imperial||Unknown||No standard code||None|
|Mapepire Cluster||1st Survey (300)||Ma||2-ltr code||None|
|Mapepire Cluster||2nd Survey (1065)||MaCl||4-ltr code||None|
The Mapepire Cluster (pronounced "mah-pay-pee-ray") is a loose coalition of worlds grouped more as a tourist delight than as a political faction.
- This cluster is overseen by the Duchy of Mapepire.
The Cluster receives its name from the fact that each of its worlds are accessible to vessels with only jump-1 capability and the snake-like commercial route which connects them. The cluster is considered de rigueur for Beyond's wealthier citizens.
The Duchy of Mapepire has always been the poorer neighbor of the Duchy of Trelyn. It generally does not have the tech level of its richer neighbor. It is called a "country province" because its many agricultural worlds have cleaner atmospheres. In addition, the re-Torlus family, that has ruled the Duchy for over 100 years, are conservative and not overly ambitious.
In general this is a good place to travel or trade. Most of the worlds have breathable atmospheres. Officials do not take themselves too seriously and bribes can accomplish a great deal.
The Mapepire Cluster has a total of five Battle Squadrons assigned individually to five separate Naval Bases. The majority of the ships of the line are TL–12 designs build at Hunyadi / The Beyond Sector (0103 A687799-C) and a number of asteroid vessels build at Mapepire Balsayn / The Beyond Sector (0602 A000689-C).
- The Cluster use flotillas of (xx12) Dunkle Class Fleet Scouts in each battle squadron.
- The fleet has a division of (x4) Joker Class Battle Cruisers in each battle squadron.
- Each battle squadron has a CruDiv of (x6) Nara Class Light Cruisers.
- A set of (x8) Faker Class Fleet Escorts are assigned to each battle squadron.
- A group of (x4) Silversun Class Missile Corvettes are included for each battle squadron.
- The Cluster includes (x4) heavily armored Grasp Class Gunships, which are used for close support of ground forces.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
The capital/s of this polity is/are located in the following location/s:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Beyond
- Paranoia Press Beyond 1991 online updates by Chuck Kallenbach
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science