Mapepire Balsayn (world)
|Mapepire Balsayn/Mapepire (Beyond 0602)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Mapepire Balsayn is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and are both non-agricultural and nonindustrial in nature.
- These worldlets warrant hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- They require extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- The worldlets are, for the most part, unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- These worldlets have very few prospect for economic expansion.
- This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Mapepire Cluster in the Mapepire Subsector of Beyond Sector.
- Mapepire Balsayn is the capital of the Mapepire Cluster.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Mapepire Balsayn Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Mapepire Balsayn Primary Yellow G0 V
History & Background (Dossier)
No information currently available.
Mapepire Balsayn has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class-A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Paranoia Press, The Beyond
- Paranoia Press, The Beyond, 1991 online updates by Chuck Kallenbach
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dotmap provided)
- External Link: Beyond Library (defunct) by Author & Contributor: Peter Gray
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science