Magada class Battleship
|Magada class Battleship|
|Type: BB Battleship|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
in quantity MCr90,869.099
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Magada class Battleship is a heavy warship.
- It is a military ship and a Battleship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The abundance of heavy missile bays allows them to devastate surface targets.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull|| TBD tons.
They are capable of 3G acceleration and have 2-Agility. These ships carry enough internal fuel for a single Jump-2. They can carry a Jump-2 drop tank, otherwise they must be tended by fleet tankers for extended range operations.
|4.||Electronics|| Model/TBD fib computer.
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses|| For defense the hull has the heaviest armor available at this technology level to resist surface strikes.
|8.||Craft||x2 20T Recovery Boats are fitted in hangars to support operations away from the vessel.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||It is fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Comments|| They can carry 95 marines with 89 drop capsules and two 20 ton recovery boats.
This design serves with the Firstworlds fleet. This design is a product of the orbital boatyards of Tal Varisa, and represent one of the most dangerous battle lines anywhere in this region of space. Almost no other power can stand against their firepower and overwhelming numbers. In Service: 100.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BB class Line Battleship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science