From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Macdermont/Gazulin (Trojan Reach 2801)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Macdermont is a non-agricultural, pre-industrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- Its economy and population are slowly growing and living conditions are expected to improve in the near future barring outside forces.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Gazulin Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
- This world was colonized by and is controlled from Peridot (world).
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- MacDermont is a member of the Imperium.
- MacDermont has, in the recent past, gone through a long period of civil unrest.
- The resulting destruction of the government has forced Gazulin (Trojan Reach 2904) to send an occupation force to ensure some measure of stability.
- The ongoing unrest is also the source of the Amber Zone rating.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Leviathan
- Periodical: Classic Traveller Third Imperium Fanzine Issue 3
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dotmap provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dotmap provided)
- MegaTraveller Rebellion Sourcebook (pg. 26)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 20
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Journal 3 in Article: 'Domain of Deneb: Sector Data'
- Mongoose Traveller: Aslan