This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Luushakaan/Drexilthar (Reaver's Deep 2021)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Luushakaan is a poor, nonindustrial hellworld with a population struggling to survive in an inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes even hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants. Survivors often form intense survival skills and tend to be grim realists.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Drexilthar Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Luushakaan Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Luushakaan Primary Red M0 V None
Primary: Flicker, spectral class M1V. ICN S4K0401M1V. Mass 0.457 standard. Stellar diameter 0.511 standard. Luminosity 0.033 standard.
Planetary System: One major body. One Inhabited world (Luushakaan, I). One planetoid belt In system.
I Luushakaan:;; Mean orbital radius, 23.9 million kilometers (0.16 AU). Period, 34.58 days ... No satellites ... Diameter, 9,430 kilometers. Density, 1.04. Mass, 0.254 standard. Mean surface gravity, 0.65 G. Rotation period: none (tidal lock with primary). Axial Inclination, 10°4'14.1" Albedo, .39 ... Surface atmospheric pressure, 0.50atm; composition, standard oxygen-nitrogen mix with sulphur and sulphur compound taints. Requires filter mask for atmospheric breathing. Hydrographic percentage, 14%; composition, frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, -18°C
Mainworld Geography & Topography
Remarks: Occupying the inner orbit around its dim red sun, Luushakaan is a cold, dismal world. The average air temperature never rises above 0°C, and is frequently far below that. Some heat is provided by the several active volcanoes found in the vicinity of the world's only major settlement, but this only adds to the hazards of survival on the planet.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
Luushakaan, like many other worlds in the subsector, is primarily a mining settlement. The planet is under the control of the Imperial megacorporation Sternmetal Horizons, LIC, which administers the government of the planet as well as running the mining operations.
Despite its dismal appearance and miserable climate, Luushakaan is a hot property. Extensive deposits of radioactives and other worthwhile minerals have made it an excellent investment for Sternmetal and the source of considerable jealousy among rival companies. In recent months, the world has been the object of several tradewar raids by an unknown but evidently strong assailant. Evidence has pointed strongly towards Delgado Trading, LIC, as the culprit, and Sternmetal has launched two minor retaliatory attacks against Delgado operations in the Cassandra Belt (Reaver's Deep 1924) as a result.
Luushakaan has a poor quality starport.
- A Class D Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many skilled personnel who can perform minor repair work.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class very rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
World Technology Level
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: JTAS Library Data
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science