|Homeworld||Borlund (Deneb 1406)|
|Reference||Deneb Sector 56-57.|
The Lurent are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Biology (Physical Sophontology)
The Lurent are large, typically taking up as much space as six humans. Their bulky, headless bodies are covered in a soft fur, ranging in color from pale green to dark blue. Their two flexible legs are capable of raising their bodies up two meters and their two tentacles are another two meters long. The useless vestigial tail is often mistaken for an ear flap. Their mouths are lined with sharp teeth but they lack vocal chords.
Evolution & Environment (Epigenetics)
This species originated on Borlund (world) and developed intelligence.
This species developed intelligence in response to climactic change.
Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
This species holds the following environmental preferences:
- Terrestrial planet
- Temperate climate
- Plains and grasslands ecotopes
- Standard gravity
- Standard atmosphere
Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
Sophontologists studying this species have discovered the following data.
Body Plan (Morphology)
- Bilateral symmetry (2-ial)
- Kind of -pod (4-ped)
- 2 limbs used for manipulation "tentacles"
- 2 limbs used for locomotion "legs"
- 1 vestigal tail
- Body consists of two segments (no head):
- Thorax with sensory apparati
This species used a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
Diet & Trophics (Consumption)
This species survives using the following methods of consumption:
- This species favors a variety of foodstuffs.
History & Background (Dossier)
Social Organization: 1105: Lurent are divided into tribes and clans. Each tribe has a migratory period where it travels abroad and a sedentary period where it returns to its homeland.
Language (Linguistic Sophontology)
Their speech is composed of whistled tones and patterns that can be heard over long distances.
Research & Technology (Knowledge)
Lurent have a vague claustrophobia when it comes to starships, and use large planetoids equipped with engines for in-system and interstellar travel. Their fleet of at least 250 wandering planetoid starships are scattered across Deneb Sector at any one time.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
- Deneb Sector
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Robert Eaglestone. Deneb Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2012), 56-57.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science