|No. of Worlds||190|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 100%|
|Imperial Coordinate||-21 / -12|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description
- 3 History & Background
- 4 Interstellar Relations
- 5 Physical Astrography
- 6 Political Astrography
- 7 References & Contributors / Sources
Meta-History & Background
Lucent Sector is an unexplored region. The positions and types of its stars have been cataloged as part of the University of Selasia Spinward Survey. The Kineda Cluster, located in the rimeward-trailing quadrant of the sector, is believed to be the home of the Slavers.
It features in the Mythology of Lon Beon.
Lucent Sector is an unpopulated and totally undeveloped wilderness. Starfaring sophonts are not believed to have been active in the sector since the Dissident Fleet travelled through the region more than three millennia ago, and even the veracity of that fact is uncertain.
History & Background
Very little information about Lucent Sector is available. Much of the data that does exist is either rumor, spurious or outright fictional.
No information yet available.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Lucent Sector is named. The Dissident Fleet is supposed to have travelled through the sector – Rann's Worlds was supposedly founded by a lost vessel.
- Dark Age: unaffected. The Voyagers are not thought to have been active in the sector.
- Expansion Era: unaffected.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: unaffected.
- Present Day: data for Lucent Sector is published in the Stars of the Rim.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Lucent Sector include:
- 2255AD Lucent Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- Although its exact route is unknown, the Dissident Fleet almost certainly travelled across Lucent Sector some time after 2255AD as it fled the Destruction of Terra and the pursuing Vilani.
No polities are known for certain to exist within (or make a claim on any part of) Lucent Sector.
- Popular sci-fi tropes hold that Lucent Sector contains Rann's Worlds, an insular and isolationist polity. The generally agreed border of this fictional state is depicted in red.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 210 parsecs to trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Lucent Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 100 parsecs to rimward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Lucent Sector.
No capitals have been designated.
No information yet available.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
No subsectors within Lucent Sector have been named.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science