A Liter is a unit of measurement of volume.
- It is a standard Imperial metric.
- It is equal to 0.001 cubic meters.
- A Kiloliter is an exponential value of the liter.
A liter is a unit of measurement of volume frequently used for equipment and robotic design.
- The common Imperial abbreviation is l.
A liter is equal to 1 million (106) cubic millimeters.
The liter was first defined as a unit of volume on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the Liter useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak